Loads of information helps you to plan and then hike, including gear advice & preparation, safety advice, first-aid, and all you’ll need to know when you’re here to have a great time!
The Track is broken down into useful sections. The list view shows you how far away you are from the north start points of each section.
See detailed Track section on a map and tap the GPS button for your location. Tap the map markers for more information about each place.
So user friendly!
The Cape to Cape Track Guide is used as a planning tool and an interactive resource when on the Track. All of the following functions work without needing internet. To see how easy it is to use, try this once you have downloaded the Guide:
- On the main menu, tap “The Track” category to bring up a list that breaks down the 135 km track into smaller pieces.
- Tap on a track section for detailed information.
- Descriptive information including time and distance for that section of track are given.
- Tap each pin on the map to give more information about it.
- When walking on the track, tap the GPS toggle button (top right) to turn the GPS on.
- The map can be zoomed in or out using the button on the bottom right.
- Zooming in shows you where you are and what is close by (such as the locations of water, campsites, or points of interest.)